If you are planning an event, whether it's for your school, church, workplace, or something else entirely, you are probably considering advertising. You may have thought of putting ads in the local newspaper or having a blurb read on the radio. Here are some suggestions you may not have had.
1. Put up some banners. Professional looking, noticeable banners can be added to your building property easily, making the event notice visible to people walking or driving by. Banner stands make it easy to have placed anywhere on the property.
2. Try handing out fliers. While people will often take fliers people hand them while walking through town and throw them away quickly, you can avoid this by creating colourful, fun fliers that are hard to ignore.
3. Put up more banners or in other locations besides your building. Ask grocery stores, schools, dentist offices, doctor's, or other companies if you can put your signs up on their property.
4. Send out an email. Send it to everyone you know and ask them to pass on the information to anyone who might be interested.
5. Advertise on Facebook. Facebook is a great place to network and find people interested in your events and activities. You could buy an ad, or create a free page or group for your event.
These are just a few ideas to get you started in advertising your event. Remember to put the word out there in many different ways, and stay positive and upbeat about your message.